Test your English
Please answer all questions and enter your e-mail to submit the test
1. _______ English?
2. No, I _______.
3. _______ the students.
4. _______ old are you?
5. I haven't got _______ candy.
6. I am listening _______ my teacher.
7. I _______ television now.
8. _______ you want a drink?
9. They _______ to this school every day.
10. She dresses very _______.
11. John is the _______ in the class.
12. You _______ see him tonight.
13. I _______ do my homework.
14. You must pay _______ you begin.
15. My teacher is the _______.
16. The windows _______ by the boy.
17. I asked him if he _______ a good day.
18. _______ he has finished his work he can go home.
As soon as
19. He _______ us that he had been to Paris.
20. He asked her whether _______ London.
she like had
did she like
21. Do you know if the train _______?
has already left
is left now
left since an hour
22. The garage _______.
is being rebuilt
rebuilds us again
23. He has had to _______.
let his hair cut
have his hair cut
been cut his hair
be cutting his hair
24. The station is too far away _______ to.
to goes on foot
25. I'd like _______ English.
to improve my
to can speak
26. If you _______ the box, you will find a present.
27. If you were to drop it, it _______.
28. Didn't you _______ play tennis?
use to have
29. My sister enjoyed _______ the dinner.
30. I was walking along the road when the car _______.
31. Tomorrow you _______ leaving England.
are going to
32. By five o'clock he _______ Manchester.
will have reached
33. These machines _______.
need to regulate
have to regulate
34. If all goes well, I _______ home before six o'clock.
35. If it had been sunny, I _______ gone out.
36. Do you know what _______ to do?
am I required
I am required
I am requiring
37. Don't forget _______ me a newspaper, John.
that you buy
38. Whenever there was a visitor, the dog _______ to the door.
39. He is an engineer in _______.
the cotton industry
40. Although my brother _______ in the team, we still lost.
41. I was very _______ in the story.
42. He advised me _______ the doctor.
that I see
43. I _______ travelling by tube.
am not used to
didn't used to
used to do
not use to
44. He didn't come last night. I wish that he _______.
45. I am going to a wedding. I need to _______.
be cleaning my suit
cleaning my suit
have my suit cleaned
cleaned my suit
46. Which would you _______ have, gold or silver?
47. My brother has been in hospital. I wonder how he _______.
is getting on
has got across
is getting away
48. Although he confessed to the crime, the judge let the boy _______.
49. The man said he did not _______ to walk.
50. The student could not answer the question, so he _______.